Web Site: http://xericfoundation.org/index.html
Grant proposals must be submitted in the form of a written request and must include six copies each of the following:
1. A traditional cover letter that introduces the applicant(s) includes name, address, book title, and amount requested.
2. A creator’s statement of purpose (A page or two explaining what your book is all about and why you want to self publish. This must be separate from the cover letter)
3. A traditional resume (for each contributor, if more than one)
4. A financial statement (for each contributor, if more than one) — use the form provided by the foundation and include attachments as required
5. An itemized, proposed budget/disbursement of funds for the amount requested (in US dollars), including an intended time period
6. A presentation of the work to date in clean, clear 8.5″ x 11″ and/or 11″ x 17″ black and white and/or color photocopies (ashcan size OK), Do not send original art! Applications will not be returned. No SASEs please
*Collate items #1- 6. Separate the six copies of your application into folders or envelopes so that each Xeric reviewer will have a complete packet. Then mail them together in a larger envelope or box. (No styrofoam peanuts please)
When to apply:
Proposals are reviewed on a semiannual basis by a distribution committee. Requests must be postmarked (not delivered) by the review deadline date to be considered at that review. Early application is encouraged. Reply cards will be sent as notification that applications have been received. Response letters will be mailed to all applicants six weeks after the review date.
Deadline dates Review dates Response dates March 31 May 1 June 15 September 30 November 1 December 15
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants may reapply for the following review.
Please submit proposals and queries to:
351 Pleasant Street #214
Northampton, Massachusetts 01060
E-Mail address: email@example.com
Phone: 413/ 585-0671